Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Run for Jesus 5K

The forecast Friday night looked disappointing. Thunderstorms all day, along with 15mph wind. I awake Saturday morning to some lite sprinkles, and a little bit of wind. I pick up my nephew, then my friend Kent. I pray that the rain holds off. We arrive at the race and I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of the course. Very nice!

Fast forward to the race. It's about 50 degrees, very little wind, and no rain! Perfect race weather!


All three of us broke our goals! I ran a 20:54, and placed 4/93. My nephew ran a 28:49 and placed 32/93. Kent ran a 34:11 and placed 42/93.

I also got some swag! I got a Christian CD for 1st in my age group, and I won another CD as a door prize!

Overall, it was a great race! I loved the opportunity to spend some quality time with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment