Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nutri-Run Wrap Up

This past Saturday, I ran my first race of 2010, the Nutri-Run 5 mile. There were actually two choices, the 5 mile or the 20K. Considering I just recently started training again after my injury, I was not prepared for the 20K.


My goals for the race were to keep under 8:00 miles and make it in the top 30. How did I finish? Averaged 7:15 miles, placed 20th overall, and best of all I clenched 1st in my age group! Instead of the typical awards, I received a large pineapple, and a carton of chocolate milk! Yum!

The race was great! I had a blast, and it was well run (thanks Casey). It was also more challenging than expected! Lots of hills over the first couple of miles! I also enjoy free stuff, and upon finishing you received a loaf of Panera bread, a commemorative glass, and a strawberry banana smoothy!

I had an awesome time, and I can't wait for my next race! (April 24th)

Praise the Lord and run on!

2 comments: