Thursday, June 17, 2010

Giving Up Gracefully

This last week has been absolutely crazy! The bank I work for was bought out a year and a half ago, but this week was the first week working for my new employer officially. It's been a nut house! Not only have I been dealing with all that, but also some patella tendinitis, and a strained calf in regards to my running.

I've taken a couple weeks off from serious running, and this week was my first back. It's gone....ok. I recently purchased a treadmill from my co-worker and I made the mistake of starting out on it instead of heading outdoors. Bad idea! Snoozefest! I instantly lost all passion for running! I tried running a tempo run on it yesterday and gave up 2 and a half miles in. Today I attempted the same work out, and even though I walked a tad, I completed it and got some of my lost passion back! The real good news though is there was no pain!

My next big challenge is my 7 mile long run I'm going to do this Sunday. I have a 6.5 mile fun run in Chicago with my running sponsor, Brooks, in a week and a half. If I can't complete this run Sunday, I might have some major issues when I head to Chicago! I think I'll be ok though, I did 5 today.

Last note before I stop babbling, Blogger has all new backgrounds!!!!   Sweet!!!! They even have running backgrounds (obviously!). I'm loving having a running backdrop to my running blog!

Praise the Lord and run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment