Monday, June 28, 2010

It's Was a Beautiful Day in Someone Else's Neighborhood

This past Saturday I was able to partake it what was the most fun and beautiful run I have ever embarked on!

Tera, Chloe, and I went with Pete and Jess up to Chicago to visit Jess's family. Pete and I on Saturday morning went to Lake Forest, Illinois, where we joined a large local running club on their weekly 6.25 mile long run. In addition to their normal large turnout, they hosted Brooks ID members such as myself in a Brooks sponsored fun run. Just to give you an idea of how beautiful Lake Forest is, if you search Lake Forest Real Estate you will find that the cheapest house in the whole town is going for just under $300,000, and is a 1 bed, 1 bath! The majority of the homes go for around $1,000,000 to $15,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!! They are absolutely gorgeous! So, the run took us through these neighborhoods, and also along some beautiful scenic Lake Michigan beachfront! Wow, is all I have to say! Simply amazing run! Great food afterward, got a free Brooks Visor and stickers, and the Lake Forest Running Club was so nice! What a great group of people to run with! Pete and I both agreed that when we go back, we'll definitely join them again!

Praise the Lord and run on!

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute! Free stickers?! Oh I so want to join!

    Sara and I have been through Lake Forest a few times. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete